1. What happens on my first visit?
We welcome you to call for an appointment for a consultation. After examination and discussion of your medical history, Dr. Davies will strive to deliver the best diagnosis possible and to propose a personalized treatment plan and a summary of the expected time and costs involved.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your exam and consultation:
• Radiographs or X-rays from your former dentist, if applicable.
• A list of medications your are presently taking.
• Information about any medical conditions that my be of conern prior to dental cleaning or treatment.
2. How long does the first appointment take?
Typically our meeting spans 30 minutes but we are happy to arrange more time if needed. We will focus entirely on you and never perform advanced dental care on another patient at the same time.
3. What precautions do you take to ensure dental safety?
We employ a comprehensive sterilization program. All staff have completed the training with an extensive monitoring program to assure a sterile, safe environment. All procedures comply with guidelines established by the American Dental Association and the Center for Disease Control to protect you. You can be confident we will never compromise where it involves your health and safety.
4. How do Dr. Davies and the staff keep up to date with procedures and technology?
Dr. Davies is a Fellow of three prestigious National and International Academies of which he attends yearly meetings. He consistently has taken many more hours of continuing education every year than required by the State of Texas Dental Board. To keep updated about current trends and techniques, he subscribes to and reads several monthly dental publications and participates in three dentistry study clubs (composed of other Austin-area dentists).
5. Do you accept dental insurance?
We do not directly take insurance but rather, we will gladly submit a claim to help you get the reimbursement that you are entitled to. We will be happy to answer your questions.